0333 370 7777
Mon - Fri 9am - 6.30pm, Sat 9am - 12.30pm


Driving in Europe in the event of a deal or no deal Brexit

Thursday, 28 March 2019 GMT
Author: Staveley Head

Brexit is fast approaching and whether the UK leaves the European Union (EU) with or without a deal in place is still in question. However, we want to let you know that regardless of the outcome, we’ll have all your vehicle insurance needs covered.

How will this affect you driving in Europe?

In the event of a no deal Brexit, if you’re wishing to drive your vehicle from the UK into Europe you will require a document called a green card.

What is a green card?

This is a document that we can provide for our customers as evidence that you’re insured to drive your UK vehicle in Europe.

When should you tell Staveley Head that you need a green card?

Until further notice, to ensure that you’re correctly covered to drive in Europe, we advise you to contact us at least 7 days before your travel date to request a green card. This will safeguard you in the event of a no deal Brexit being confirmed whilst you’re in Europe, so you can get on with enjoying your trip and have complete peace of mind.

Please refer to the below infographic detailing what action you should take in the following circumstances:  


If you have any further questions, you can find further information by visiting the motor insurance bureau website. Alternatively, call Staveley Head on 0333 370 7777.

 Facebook Follow IconTwitter Follow IconYouTube Follow IconLinkedIn Follow IconInstagram Follow Icon
Give us a call