Staveley Head’s van insurance checklist
When it comes to choosing the right van insurance, there is plenty to take into account. This guide gives you a list of information that you may need to get a quote and some of the things you need to look out for in your van insurance policy.
What details are required?
Before you start shopping around for your van insurance, depending on the insurer, there are a few details that you’ll need to have at hand to get a quote:
- Your personal details
- The type of cover that you’ll require
- The number of drivers who will be driving the van, as well as any additional drivers details and claims history
- The make, model, registration, size and age of the van that you’re looking to insure.
- When you bought the van
- The van’s value
- Where the van will be parked overnight
- The postcode of where the van will be stored overnight
- Whether other vehicles are in the household
- The estimated annual mileage
- The number of years no claims discount (NCD) earned on a van policy
- The full details of any claims or convictions.
What should I look for in my van insurance policy?
There are a few things you should ask yourself when you’re comparing van insurance quotes:
- What is included in your policy? Does the insurance cover all your needs
- Are you covered for long trips abroad?
- Can you pay monthly premiums? Will this be more expensive?
- If your van is written off or damaged in an accident, will you get a replacement?
- Can you protect your NCD?
- What optional extras are available, such as breakdown, own tools cover, excess protection, guaranteed van hire, goods in transit or public liability insurance.
How can Staveley Head help?
Are you looking for van insurance? Get a quote online today, or call 0800 970 9988 and speak to our experienced team of van insurance specialists who will help you get the cover you want at the price you want – fast.