A Beginners' Guide To Motorhome Insurance
Whether you’re going on a day trip with the family, a long weekend away in the countryside or enjoying a sunny month long holiday touring Spain, owning a motorhome lets you enjoy life at your own pace.
However, the freedom of travel this offers does come with its own challenges, we get this. It’s important that your pride and joy has the correct insurance cover so you can carry on enjoying life your way.
Do I need motorhome insurance?
Before heading out on your next trip, remember that having motorhome insurance is a legal requirement, as it is classed as a vehicle used on the road. This insurance will financially protect both your own vehicle and others. Your motorhome policy will also cover an increased amount of belongings compared to an average car policy; giving you peace of mind should any unfortunate damage occur.
What type of vehicles are available for cover?
There are so many different types of vehicle on the road; we understand this and want to make the process of insuring your motorhome as easy as possible, so that you can concentrate on enjoying yourself.
Here at Staveley Head we offer cover for:
- American motorhomes or RVs
- Japanese imports
- Left hand drive vehicles
- DIY/self builds (subject to receipt of an engineer’s report and photographs)
- professional conversions
What types of cover are available?
When taking out insurance it is important to think about your needs and what you might want from your policy. At Staveley Head we have three main types of insurance cover available:
- Laid Up Cover: This will cover your vehicle for accidental damage, fire and theft whilst under Statutory Off Road Notice (SORN).
- Third Party Fire and Theft: This type of insurance will pay money to a person who suffers loss or damage caused by you in an accident. It will also pay if your car is stolen or damaged in a fire.
- Comprehensive: This type of insurance covers you for third party, fire and theft, and will also cover your vehicle should it be lost or damaged in an accident.
What add-on options do you offer?
We want to make sure you have all the cover that you need; therefore alongside our motorhome insurance policies we also offer add-on options:
- Motorhome Breakdown Insurance: Whether you are looking for roadside assistance or protection for your holidays in Europe, we offer a range of comprehensive motorhome breakdown insurance policies to suit your needs.
- Motorhome Travel Insurance: We can offer travel insurance for both UK and EU holidays, including protection against missed ferry departures.
- Excess Protection: Excess protection will cover the cost of your excess payment in the event that you need to make a claim. So, you won’t be left out of pocket if, for example your motorhome was damaged by an unidentified third party.
If you are looking for motorhome insurance, why not call our specialist team on 0800 023 7208 or get a quote online.