0333 370 7777
Mon - Fri 9am - 6.30pm, Sat 9am - 12.30pm
Black and white photo of a caravan on a drive

Caravan Insurance

Let Staveley Head's specialists help you get the caravan insurance you want now. Then you can relax and concentrate on enjoying the freedom of touring life.

We get it

Dark Green Caravan Insurance Icon

Caravan Insurance

With the backing of the UK’s leading insurers and with over 20 years experience, we offer a superb range of static and touring caravan insurance options allowing you to choose the best fit for you. So you get the cover you want at the price you want to pay – fast.

Why Us?
100% Rating Icon - Grey 100% Rating Icon - Dark grey 100% Rating Icon - White
Feefo Logo (2 reviews)
  • Compare caravan insurance policies to find the best option for you
  • We provide cover for most UK and European manufactured touring caravans
  • No Policy Excess as standard
  • Full cover in Europe (with no restrictions)
  • New-for-old cover available
  • Big discounts for enhanced security
  • UK and European accident recovery

Some of the optional products listed below might come in handy, especially if you’re travelling abroad:

Breakdown Cover

Breakdown Insurance could save your holiday if you ended up stranded by the roadside. Imagine being stuck there in the rain without any back-up on its way and you’ll know what we mean!

Excess Protection

Excess protection will cover the cost of your excess payment should you need to make a claim. So you won’t be left out of pocket if, for example, your motorhome or caravan was damaged by an unidentified third party.

Your caravan insurance questions answered

Why insure your touring caravan?
Whilst caravan insurance is optional it is a good idea as you never know when the unexpected may happen
What might caravan insurance cover?
Depending on the policy you choose, caravan insurance can cover a number of things. Some of which include;
  • Accidental damage
  • Theft
  • Equipment cover protects items such as gas bottles and wheel clamps.
  • Contents cover protects your personal belongings from electrical items like TV’s to clothes.
  • New for old – please see question what is “New for Old” cover?
Can you insure my caravan if it’s permanently sited?
Absolutely, as long as you caravan is permanently resident in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Island, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
Are there any restrictions to where I can keep my caravan?
Cover is available at normal terms for touring caravans kept at home, on a registered caravan site or in a dedicated caravan compound. However, we do understand that this set-up isn’t always possible. So with a little extra information from you, we'll consider any UK location provided it’s secure and doesn’t significantly increase the risk of theft or damage.
If I store my touring caravan in Europe would my caravan still be covered?
We do not cover caravans stored outside of the UK. However policies do include a maximum of 90 days European cover.
I keep my caravan on a CaSSOA registered site. Will this bring my premium down?
Absolutely. We work in partnership with CaSSOA and recognise the standard of security on these sites. In fact, whether it’s a bronze, silver or gold CaSSOA site, we'll give you generous discounts to reflect the reduced theft risk.
Will my caravan motor mover be covered by insurance?
Yes, this is classed as caravan equipment and is covered in your policy.
Do you offer a no claims discount for touring caravans?
Yes, we can offer a no claims discount (NCD), but this will not be protected.
What is meant by “Personal Possessions”?
Personal possessions refer to items you choose to bring with you. Items such as clothes, bed linen, kitchen accessories and utensils etc. are all personal possessions.

For more information please contact us 0800 023 7208
What is meant by “High Risk items”?
High risk items include but are not limited to jewellery, money, camcorders, photography equipment, and sports equipment.

For more information please contact us 0800 023 7208
What is meant by “New for Old” cover?
In the event of a claim your caravan will be treated as if brand new. There are restrictions to this, please see some below;
  • Your caravan is within 10 years old
  • When insuring your caravan it must be valued at the price it was when brand new and not at market value.
Who else can lend my caravan?
Our policies allow immediate family members to lend your caravan.
Can I transfer my policy to my new caravan?
Certainly, just give us a call and provide us with a little more information and we will update your details.
Is my touring caravan covered in Europe?
Yes, our policies offer 90 days standard European cover. But this can be increased to unlimited for an additional premium.
What is CRiS or VIN/Chassis number?
The Caravan Registration Identification Scheme (CRiS) is a database of all caravans manufactured since 1992 by National Caravan Council (NCC).

Pre-1992 or imported caravans will have a VIN number or chassis number instead. It is possible to register your caravan with CRiS yourself.
Where can I find the CRiS or VIN/Chassis number?
The CRiS number is edged into the windows of the caravan and is 17 digits long.

Pre-1992 or imported caravans can find the VIN or chassis number either on the ‘A’ plate or by the door.
Do you insure Static Caravans?
Yes, as long as they are situated in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Island, Isle of Man or Channel Islands.

We’re not the kind of people to try and pull the wool over our customer’s eyes. So we use Feefo, an independent third party company to collect feedback on every policy we sell (see below). This way, we get another view on how we’re doing so we can improve our service wherever possible.

So if you’d like to make a suggestion as to how we could do better, please use our contact us form and tell us about it.

100% of customers liked our service (2 reviews)

14 Oct 2015

+Positive Rating Icon+Positive Rating Icon

Caravan Insurance

Very good service and communications with good value policies

20 Dec 2014

+Positive Rating Icon+Positive Rating Icon

Caravan Insurance

It appears to be just what we need, and at a reasonable price

Whether you own a touring or a static caravan, wherever you're based in the UK or want to travel throughout Europe, we get how important your caravan is to you so we’ll always make sure you have the options to ensure your home-from-home is protected the way you want it to be.

And as this is Staveley Head, we can also offer a range of extra products you might find useful too, such as breakdown cover and excess protection.

So whether you’re planning on spending the whole summer away or just love enjoying a long weekend now and again, we can provide the cover that fits your lifestyle.

Caravan Insurance Insurance
100% Rating Icon
Feefo Logo (2 reviews) 5
 Facebook Follow IconTwitter Follow IconYouTube Follow IconLinkedIn Follow Icon
Give us a call