0800 0815 024
Mon - Fri 9am - 5.30pm
Home  /  Personal Vehicle  /  Horsebox Insurance



Give us a call

We know that searching around for the right horsebox insurance can take hours. But our highly experienced team have been providing insurance cover for more than 20 years and we only work with the UK’s leading equine insurers. So we can get you what you want directly from the experts – fast.

  • All policies are underwritten by leading UK insurers
  • Cover for multiple drivers available
  • Choice of policy options – comprehensive or third party, fire and theft
  • Covers most sizes of vehicle
  • Windscreen cover included
  • Public Liability and Breakdown Cover available as optional extras

As well as your horsebox insurance you may also be interested in the additional these covers that are available as optional extras or as policies in their own right:

Breakdown Cover
We offer a range of roadside assistance plans to get you back on the road at the scene of your breakdown. If the vehicle can’t be fixed there, you’ll be taken to a local garage.

Excess Protection
Excess protection insurance provides safeguards you against the cost of your motor insurance excess, should you need to make a claim as a result of a fault accident.

Horse Insurance
If you would like pet insurance to cover your horse as well we’d be happy to provide you with a quote.


Will my Horsebox Insurance cover any trailers that I tow?

As a rule, your trailer is only covered by an insurance policy on a third party basis. However, it might be possible to arrange cover if you supply us with the details of your trailer beforehand.

How much will my Horsebox Insurance cost?

The cost of any insurance policy varies depending on the type of use, value of vehicle and number of drivers. Lots of things to consider so we’ll compare quotes from the top insurers for you.

Does the insurance cover my horse too?

No. This policy will not cover your horse although we can offer Equine Insurance as a separate policy. For a quote, call us on 0800 0815 033.

What type of driving license do I need to drive a horsebox?

For any vehicle that has a gross weight of less than 3.5 tonnes, a standard (category B) license is fine. For anything larger than that, it’s always best to double check with the DVLA.
We will do our best to ensure you meet all relevant requirements before we issue your Horsebox Insurance policy. But the responsibility ultimately rests with you.

A horsebox isn’t cheap. But let’s face it, it’s money well spent to make sure your horse is travelling in safety and comfort (and style!). So when we’re dealing with such an important part of your life, it’s essential that both your horse and vehicle have the best possible protection.

Get a horsebox insurance online quote in minutes or call a member of the team to discuss your requirements on 0800 0815 033.

Feefo Service Award

Prefer To Talk

If you’re interested in taking out insurance with us.

0800 0815 033 Mon - Fri 9am - 5.30pm


  • Clear communication
  • Straightforward quotes
  • Amazing customer service
Feefo Service Award
accidentarrow_downarrow-left-thick-whitearrow-left-thickarrow_leftarrow-right-thick-whitearrow-right-thickarrow_rightcarclockcrossfaqslawmileageoptional-insuranceplay reduce-the-costshare social_facebooksocial_googleplussocial_instagramsocial_linkedin_altsocial_linkedinsocial_pinterestlogo-twitter-glyph-32social_youtubeAsset 1teamtelephonetick-altticktypes-of-insurancewhy-us