As a busy HGV/truck driver most of your time will be spent on the road, leaving you little time to sort your insurance out for the next year. One way to save time is to get your HGV or truck insurance quote right the first time.
WHAT DRIVER INFORMATION DO WE REQUIRE?
Before starting your HGV or truck insurance quote make sure you have the necessary information to hand. This includes:
- All driver names and ages (they must be aged 25 or over)
- All driver occupations
- How long all drivers have held a full UK licence for (minimum of 2 years required)
- All driver operator licence numbers
All driver(s) must hold a valid Driver CPC (Driver Certificate of Professional Competence) and maintain it every 5 years.
WHAT VEHICLE INFORMATION IS NEEDED?
Whether you drive a concrete mixer or a tipper; making sure you provide the right description can ensure that you’ll be covered correctly. You’ll need to confirm:
- The vehicle body type e.g. low loader
- Your vehicle use including if you need to drive abroad
- The vehicle’s weight
- The vehicle value
- Your current level of No Claims Bonus (NCB)
WHY SHOULD YOU TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT ALL YOUR INFORMATION?
We all like to save money when we can but it’s important to do it honestly. If you provide inaccurate information then we may not payout in the event of a claim, or it may invalidate your insurance. Make sure that you declare any of the following:
- Any driver incidents or claims in the last 5 years
- Any driver motoring convictions in the last 5 years
- Any driver unspent criminal convictions
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE HGV/TRUCK COVER?
It’s good to know what you’re getting for your money. Having the right benefits included in your insurance policy can give you the peace of mind you need in the unlikely event of a claim. The policy benefits include:
- A choice of comprehensive, third party, fire and theft, or third party only cover
- New vehicle replacement, if the vehicle is over 60% damaged and within 6 months old
- Windscreen cover
- 10% discount for Thatcham vehicle security
- A reduced price for increasing your policy excess
- Protected NCB on 5+ years with no claims in the last 3 years
DO YOU REQUIRE ADDITIONAL COVER?
We understand that not one size fits all and that you may require additional cover. With that in mind we can offer you:
- Goods in transit – cover for up to £50,000 per load
- Employers liability – if you employ any staff you’ll need employers liability by law to cover the cost of compensation in the event of a member of staff suffers injury or illness as a result of their job
- HGV Breakdown insurance – including 24/7 national and European coverage
- Excess protection – safeguarding you against the cost of your policy excess in the event of a claim as a result of a fault accident
HOW CAN STAVELEY HEAD HELP YOU?
If you’re looking to get a quote for your HGV or truck insurance please contact our dedicated team on 0800 0815 027. Alternatively, we can provide you with a quote online.