You probably know that searching for the right home insurance cover can take hours. You really don’t want to waste your weekend staring at a computer screen and you definitely don’t want to get the wrong cover – as you’ll find out if things ever go wrong.
But it doesn’t need to be like this.
- Compare home insurance prices from UK insurers
- You get access to our UK-based 24/7 claims line
- You get optional extras such as legal expenses or emergency cover
Other customers who took out home insurance were also interested in these optional extras:
Excess protection will cover the cost of your excess payment in the event that you need to make a claim. So you won’t be left out of pocket if, say, your car was damaged by an unidentified third party.
Compare motorhome insurance prices from the top UK insurers and get the cover you want online in minutes.
We’ve some great car insurance deals, whatever you drive. Backed by the some of the leading insurers, you’ll get top quality cover and customer care together with big savings.
YOUR HOME INSURANCE QUESTIONS ANSWERED
Can I take out a policy for just Buildings or Contents Insurance?
Yes, we can offer cover for your buildings or its contents on an individual basis
What's not covered by your Home Insurance policy?
Each policy will have its own list of exclusions which will be listed in the policy documents. If you’re not sure if something is covered, we’ll confirm during the quote process.
Will I need to have specific types of security for my home?
If the policy requires a minimum level of security installed at your home we’ll always notify you of this in advance.
As a specialist insurance broker, we don’t just look to find the cheapest quote (although we always try to save you money), we provide a range of options from top UK insurers. So whether you’re looking for the right buildings insurance, contents insurance or a comprehensive building and contents policy, you can choose what’s best for you.
Things to consider before getting a quote
Before getting a home insurance quote it’s really important you consider exactly what levels of protection you need. So have a think about the following:
- Rebuild cost – When taking out Buildings Insurance it’s easy to under or over-estimate the cost. Remember, this does not include the price of purchasing the land but just the materials – bricks and mortar – to rebuild your property.
- Value of contents – Another thing people often overestimate! We recommend going through each room in your house and make a note of the cost of each item before totalling up the amount. You may be surprised – and that could save you money.
- Excess – It’s worth considering how much you could afford to pay in the event of making a claim on your household insurance. A higher excess can often save you money on your premium, although it could be a barrier to making claims for low amounts.
- Valuable Items – When looking for Contents Insurance always make sure that valuables such as engagement rings, watches, sports equipment and high value electronic equipment are named on your policy, and that the cover is high enough to protect them.
- Cover outside the home – It’s worth checking that any items you carry with you will also be covered by your Home Insurance policy. Similarly, you should check that items stored in outbuildings, such as sheds or garages, are also protected.
If you have any doubts about whether you have the right cover for your contents or buildings, then call us. We can answer your questions and give you a quote so you can see how much your ideal cover would cost you.