What is Campervan Insurance?
Campervan Insurance is an essential part of turning your dreams of adventuring into a possibility – after all, owning a campervan is about so much more than just the van itself. It’s a lifestyle choice, it’s freedom, it’s fun… And it’s making sure all of that is protected with the right Campervan Insurance policy.
Nothing beats throwing your stuff in the back of your campervan and heading off wherever and whenever you want, whether that’s surfing with friends in Devon or travelling around Europe with your family.
We know your campervan is your pride and joy, and we’re committed to helping you find an insurance policy that will allow you to enjoy every mile, with peace of mind that you’re protected.
These are just some of the reasons to choose Staveley Head to help you find the best Campervan Insurance:
- New-for-old cover.
- We offer discounts for limited mileage.
- You get up to 90 days of European cover included as standard.
- Discounts for Camping and Caravanning Club members.
We understand your campervan is so much more than the vehicle itself, which is why we can also provide camping equipment cover for gas bottles, generators and awnings.
We know the Campervan Insurance sector inside out and can give you the options you want at competitive prices in minutes.
Of course, you don’t have to take out additional cover, but some of these optional extras listed below might come in handy, especially if you’re travelling abroad:
Breakdown Insurance could save your holiday if you ended up stranded by the roadside. Imagine being stuck there in the rain with screaming kids in the back without any back-up on its way and you’ll know what we mean!
We can offer specially tailored Travel Insurance for campervan holidays so you’re correctly covered.
Excess Protection will cover the cost of your excess payment should you need to make a claim. So you won’t be left out of pocket if, for example, your campervan was damaged by an unidentified third party.
Can I take my campervan abroad?
Well, there isn’t much point in having one if you can’t go travelling in it! Our policies will allow travel outside of the UK for up to 90 days per year as standard. There’s a discount for UK only use.
Does this policy cover Classic Campervan Insurance?
Yes, we can provide cover for classic campervans (like VW Campers). We’re also able to provide full cover for self-conversion projects based on almost any vehicle. However, cover for your classic campervan will only be for market value.
What you’ll need for a quote
To get you a Campervan Insurance quote, we’ll need a few details from you including:
- Make, model, registration number and approximate value of your campervan.
- Your driving licence number.
- Names and details of any additional drivers you want to be included.
- Information about your insurance history, including any claims or eligibility for No Claims Discounts.
How to get cheaper camper van insurance
There are many ways you can reduce the cost of your Campervan Insurance. Take a look at our tips to drive down your premium:
- Is this your first campervan policy? Then we can mirror your No Claims Discount from a private vehicle, meaning you’ll save money.
- Installing additional security, like a tracker or Thatcham Category 1 alarm and immobiliser can help to bring your cost down.
- Having both insured and spouse named on the policy can also reduce your premium.
- By setting a higher voluntary excess, you can save money.
- By keeping your mileage low you could make greater savings.
How does Campervan Insurance work?
Just like any other type of vehicle, you must have coverage in place for your campervan. Our Campervan Insurance is specifically designed to protect your vehicle in the event of an accident.
This means in the unfortunate event of a collision, or if your vehicle is stolen, you can take out a policy that will protect you and your vehicle.
What’s included in Campervan Insurance?
The specific coverage you have will depend on your individual campervan policy, but you can generally expect:
- Vehicle cover – including loss, damage and theft.
- Personal belongings – up to a predetermined value.
- European cover – up to 90 days as standard.
- Accessories – up to a predetermined value.
- Recovery and repair – depending on the provider.
Types of campervans we insure
With so many amazing makes and models of campervans, it’s good to know that we cover pretty much most of them including:
- Fixed roof campervans: Typically, the most basic of conversions. You’ll find they are simply a van with small or no external modifications and serve all your needs.
- High-top campervans: These have become increasingly popular and are available in a large variety of sizes, layouts and budgets. The high roof offers good headroom and storage.
- Rising roof campervans: At the budget end of the market, these models are great if you want value for money and don’t wish to lose out on space.
- Vista campervans: They are four-berth light and airy campervans. These vehicles typically include a fully equipped kitchen, toilet and shower facilities making them great for family getaways.
What’s the difference between a campervan and a motorhome?
Campervans and motorhomes allow you the freedom to drive where you want, when you want, but there are fundamental differences between the two. It’s important to get the right coverage for your type of vehicle, to ensure you’re adequately protected. Campervans are smaller and more compact than motorhomes. The driving space and living space tend to be in one open area, as opposed to motorhomes which typically have a separate cab for the driver. Motorhomes also tend to have a broad range of appliances and designated ‘living areas’, whereas campervans usually have smaller, camping-style features and comfortable space for sleeping in.
OTHER OPTIONS YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
- Caravan insurance: Compare online caravan insurance policies. With a £50 policy excess as standard, full cover is available in Europe and there’s a discount for enhanced security.
- Car insurance: Get your car insurance comparison quote in less than five minutes. There’s optional no claims discount protection and multi-car discount for insuring 2 or more cars.
HOW TO GET A CAMPERVAN INSURANCE QUOTE
Compare campervan insurance rates and buy online in minutes. All you have to do is enter your information and campervan details to get started.GET QUOTE