MOTOR TRADE ROAD RISKS INSURANCE
Road risks only insurance is for businesses or individuals that regularly acquire stock vehicles or are likely to have customer’s vehicles in their care, custody or control. A full or part-time motor trader, vehicle salesman, auto repair, or car valeting service are examples of those who need a motor trade road risks policy.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN A MOTOR TRADE ROAD RISKS POLICY?
This policy provides the minimum cover that is required by law. A brief overview of what this policy offers is below;
- Vehicles in your care, custody or control for the purpose of the motor trade business
- Vehicles owned by you
- Vehicles purchased as stock
There are three levels of cover to choose from;
- Third Party – This includes cover for damage to any third party and or their property. Plus certain legal and solicitor’s fees included.
- Third Party Fire & Theft – In addition to third party cover, loss or damage to vehicles from fire or theft is included.
- Comprehensive – As well as being covered for third party fire and theft you’re also insured against loss or damage of own vehicles and stock vehicles.
As all insurance needs are different there are a couple of optional extras you may consider.
- Accompanied Demonstration – For vehicle sales so your customers can test drive
- Protected NCD – Does what it says on the tin – ensures your NCD (No Claims Discount) is protected. *
WHY STAVELEY HEAD?
Our personal service and experienced motor trade insurance team set us apart from the rest. We understand that your business is personal to you and therefore your insurance must be too. That’s why your personal account handler will work with you and for you to keep your business moving.
- Cover for full and part time motor traders
- Insurance for traders working from home or from business premises
- Access to Easy Motor Insurance Database (MID)
- The option to include named drivers, inc. spouse
EasyMID is a handy app that allows you to update the MID from your tablet or phone. It’s the first app of its kind and is exclusive to Staveley Head Motor Trade customers.
WHY USE EASYMID?
- Free to download
- Quick and easy to use
- Accessible from many locations
- View unacceptable vehicles
DOWNLOAD HERE ON ANDROID OR IPHONE
* NCD Terms and Conditions (for more information visit our Motor Trade NCD page).
No claims discount will step back by 2 years in the event of a fault claim during the policy period. For the purposes of ‘stepping back’, 5 years will be considered the maximum no claims discount level. For example, 5+ years will step back to 3 years at renewal, 3 years to 1 year and 2 years or less will reduce to nil.
Protected NCD allowable only where there is 5+ years earned motor trade NCD with no claims in the last three years. No claims bonus protection will be removed following 1 fault incident. Any subsequent fault claims will step back NCD from a maximum of 5 years by 2 years per incident as indicated above.