A van insurance comparison quote is the perfect way to check if you’re getting the right cover at the best possible price. You can achieve this by tailoring your policy to your van use needs. This’ll give you peace of mind knowing you’re correctly covered in the event of a claim.
PROVIDING THE CORRECT INFORMATION
Having the correct information to hand before you begin a van insurance quote is the key to getting an accurate quote first time. By doing this you’ll save time and possibly even some money too. So it’s worth being fully prepared.
LEVELS OF COVER
This’ll give you the opportunity to choose the level of cover that you need and what suits your budget. We have the following two levels of cover available:
Comprehensive: Offers the greatest level of protection for your van. This includes damage to your own vehicle and covers for accident, fire, theft and third party liability. Subject to criteria.
Third party, fire and theft: This cover will pay out if you cause injury to other drivers, passengers and pedestrians or damage to other vehicles or property. It also protects you against any loss or damage to your vehicle caused by theft or fire.
WHAT DRIVER INFORMATION IS NEEDED?
When you’re comparing van insurance quotes it’s necessary to know what driver information you’ll need to provide.
Here is what you’ll need to know:
- All drivers personal details including name and date of birth
- How long each driver has held a full UK licence
- All drivers claim history
- If they have any convictions or fixed penalties
WHAT FACTORS COULD AFFECT THE COST OF VAN INSURANCE?
Your circumstances may have changed since the beginning of your last van insurance policy. So it’s vital that you take this opportunity to read through your current insurance documents to make sure that all of the information is correct. By doing this you’ll make sure you’re correctly covered and it could also help to save you money.
Here’s the key information you need to be checking:
Voluntary excess: Are you a safe and claim-free driver? Then it could be worth considering increasing your voluntary excess to reduce your insurance premium.
Security devices: Does your van have Thatcham approved security fitted? If it does, let us know as you may be able to obtain a discount.
Your job title: Your occupation can have an impact on your premium. It’s important to make sure that you provide the most accurate job title. Failure to do this could result in you paying more than you should.
No Claims Discount (NCD): Have you made any motor claims in the last year? If so, find out what level of NCD you now have.
ANY IMPORTANT DOCUMENT/S
If you would like to use your NCD on your van insurance, then you’ll need to provide proof from your previous insurer.
In the event that you have NCD on another vehicle, we might be able to mirror your NCD; however, this is subject to you meeting certain criteria.
ADDITIONAL COVER OPTIONS
Do you require additional protection? We have a range of optional extras available so you can tailor your van insurance to your specific needs:
- Goods in transit: If you’re transporting goods in your van for a living. You can protect these items against loss, damage or theft with our goods in transit cover
- Van Breakdown insurance: Having breakdown cover could be considered vital, especially when you consider how much money you could lose being stuck by the roadside
- Excess protection: Safeguard yourself against the cost of your policy excess in the event of a claim as a result of a fault accident
- Own tools cover: Do you carry tools in your van for work purposes? This cover can protect you in the event of your tools being stolen from your van
- Public liability insurance: Can provide protection for you and your business against claims made by members of the public
- Guaranteed van hire: If you’re involved in an accident we’ll arrange for a hire vehicle whilst it’s in for repair, or until your claim has been settled
HOW CAN STAVELEY HEAD HELP?
If you’re looking for a quote please contact our dedicated and experienced van insurance team on 0800 970 9988, alternatively, we can provide you with a quote online.