This guide should provide you with all the information you may need when taking out a taxi insurance policy where named drivers will be driving your taxi.
WHAT IS A NAMED DRIVER?
A named driver is someone who is insured to drive a vehicle in which another person does most of the driving. When the named driver is driving the vehicle, they will have the same level of cover as the main driver.
When taking out a taxi insurance policy where named drivers will be driving your cab there are a few things that you should take into consideration:
- The named driver must have been granted a taxi licence.
- Any notifiable medical conditions or disabilities must be reported by the driver to the DVLA.
- Some insurers will ask for named drivers to have a minimum of 12 months proven taxi driving experience prior to inception.
- How many vehicles you are looking to insure for other drivers to use (this number can vary depending upon the insurer).
- How many named drivers you wish to insure on the policy (the number of drivers can vary between insurers).
- That some insurers will have age restrictions on named drivers, so it is important to check first before taking out a policy.
WHY STAVELEY HEAD?
Finding the right taxi insurance can be a complicated and lengthy process, especially if you are running a business where other named drivers will be driving your taxi. At Staveley Head, we make things simple for you. With a team of dedicated taxi insurance specialists and a simple online quote system, we are here to help you get the right insurance at the right price.
With Staveley Head taxi insurance you are able to insure up to 5 vehicles for your drivers to use and can have +3 named drivers on a policy.