Important information regarding COVID-19

Due to the unprecedented issues the country is experiencing with coronavirus (COVID-19) and to help curb the spread, all Staveley Head employees have been requested to work from home until further notice.

Our team are standing by to help you; you can contact us by emailing the relevant department on the email addresses below.

For all:

Where service levels are impacted, we are prioritising existing policy holders.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience during this difficult time.

You can help to reduce the impact of this scenario by:

Thank you for your continued support.

Home  /  Personal Vehicle  /  Motorhome Insurance  /  How to organise travel insurance for a holiday in your motorhome

How to organise travel insurance for a holiday in your motorhome

Give us a call

A motorhome holiday is a time for unwinding and having fun, a chance to get away from the daily grind and go out and explore. Whether you’re planning on travelling in the UK to one of the fantastic campsites this country has to offer, or further afield to Europe, it’s a good idea to have the right level of motorhome travel insurance in place so that you can enjoy your holiday safe in the knowledge that if something were to go wrong, you would be covered.

When taking out travel insurance for a holiday in your motorhome, there are a few things that you should take into account, such as who will be on the policy and what you need it to cover.


Are you going on a solo adventure or a holiday with all the family? It’s important to think about who will be travelling with you when planning your trip and making sure that they are eligible for cover with your travel insurance.

At Staveley Head we offer motorhome travel insurance for: single persons, couples (if you have been living at the same address for 6 months or more) and families (for couples and your dependent children aged under 18 years old).


The type of travel insurance you require depends on where you’re planning on visiting and how long your trip will last. If you’re planning a long trip it’s important to take in to account that the premium can increase.

Our motorhome travel insurance can cover you for up to 60 days within the UK, Channel Islands or the Republic of Ireland for any one trip, or 30 days if travelling in Europe. European travel can be extended, however, to 120 days for an additional premium.


How often you travel in your motorhome will determine the type of policy that you will require. If you are lucky enough to be able to go on lots of trips away, then you might want to consider an annual or multi-trip policy (opposed to a single trip policy) giving you the freedom to take a holiday at short notice.


Thinking of getting active whilst on your motorhome holiday? Lots of sports and other activities are covered as standard by your motorhome travel insurance, but it’s important to check your policy wording to make sure that your chosen activity is included.

If you’re going to be hitting the slopes or going for a round of golf whilst on your trip, Staveley Head offer winter sport and golf cover as an optional extra.

If you’re looking for motorhome travel insurance why not get a quote online or call our specialist motorhome team on 0800 023 7211.

Feefo Service Award

Prefer To Talk

If you’re interested in taking out insurance with us.

0800 023 7208 Mon - Fri 9am - 6.30pm, Sat 9am - 12.30pm


  • Clear communication
  • Straightforward quotes
  • Amazing customer service
Feefo Service Award
accidentarrow_downarrow-left-thick-whitearrow-left-thickarrow_leftarrow-right-thick-whitearrow-right-thickarrow_rightcarclockcrossfaqslawmileageoptional-insuranceplay reduce-the-costshare social_facebooksocial_googleplussocial_instagramsocial_linkedin_altsocial_linkedinsocial_pinterestlogo-twitter-glyph-32social_youtubeAsset 1teamtelephonetick-altticktypes-of-insurancewhy-us